Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.
Here are several ways I strive to put principles before personalities at school:
- during my conversations remember that my focus needs to be on serving the needs of students
- it is okay to disagree without being disagreeable
- not everyone shares the same values as I do, but they are still deserving of respect and dignity
- I am in a position of trust, and need to represent the interests of many diverse parties
- most importantly, treat others how I would like to be treated